Judson Knight's Epic World

Friday, August 11, 2006

Returning with a Vengeance

Many thanks to all of you who reminded me of what a sluggard I've been with regard to updating this blog: Michele, Robin, Mel, and of course my wonderful wife Deidre. I won't even try to use the excuse of being busy and distracted, because that's true of just about anyone in this age. But I have had a pretty full schedule, what with my responsibilities as a father and a partner in The Knight Agency, along with two "hobbies" that have taken a lot of time that might otherwise have gone to blogging: playing guitar and writing for the hometown paper. Some of those newspaper columns are about purely local issues, but a number of them are appropriate for posting here, and I plan to include a number of them on this blog in the next few weeks. But first....

A million thanks to my good friend Beth Holley, who converted a set of old family slides from the 1960s to digital format. Below you'll find a number of these, along with notes to explain what you're seeing.



Mom feeding me. This would have been some time in the fall of 1964 in West Chicago, where my family was living at the time I was born.


Herewith I join the ranks of those who can proudly say, "I've posted nude pictures of myself on the Internet." That's Tom, my oldest sibling (he was fifteen at the time), giving me a bath. Isn't it funny how a baby can look like an old person?





Engaged in a favorite activity--even today, though I have no idea what became of the teddy bear.













The five Knight kids on their first Christmas together. That's Joe, Tom, Jon, me, and Anne.









First birthday, Manila, 1965. This and the two pictures that follow constitute a short biography--a sort of portrait of the artist as a young man. So much of what was to follow for me is encapsulated here.





Enticed by beauty and wonder...










...But now a little older and wiser, a postlapsarian self.








Second birthday--proof that I'm capable of learning from past mistakes!









The end, as it were, or at least my (rear) end. Will post more pictures soon. And again, to all of my friends out there in blogland, thanks for giving me a swift kick in said rear end!

7 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, August 11, 2006, Blogger Michele said...

Gee, Judson, Only Deidre will know whether your butt is as cute now as it was then, **giggle**

Oh, and you're right - it qualifies not for "beefcake" but "calfcake" or is that veal???
**cheeky grin**

Those are wonderful pictures of time long past.

and, ...Wow, now THAT was a candle! Not like those thin wimpy candles they use on cakes now-a-days.

God Bless your MOM for having five kids! I think two is handful enough. :-)

Thanks for sharing some wonderful family moments, Judson!

 
At 4:03 PM, August 11, 2006, Blogger Dana Pollard said...

Thanks for sharing! It's good to see you crawl (lol) out of life and play for a while.

You were a darn tootin' cute baby!

 
At 8:01 PM, August 11, 2006, Blogger Bailey Stewart said...

I don't know, I think Michele could find a figleaf big enough to post these on her beefcake blog. LOL

These pictures bring back great memories of my own - thanks for sharing.

 
At 4:26 AM, August 12, 2006, Blogger Michele said...

LOL, Bailey!!!!
Ayep, I have plenty of fig leaves stored up, but it'd be a crime to hide those adorable baby buns.

I can see him more as a model for that famous photographer - Ann Geddes, is it? The one that puts the little tykes in whimsical costumes?
I wonder what costume she would've chosen for Judson?
Hmmm.....

 
At 10:29 AM, August 12, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Awww....cute photos! :)

Welcome back to blogging

 
At 11:02 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger Deidre Knight said...

Wow! Finally came over here, and I just have to say what I've voiced between us--that last one looks like a baby Rembrandt. :) Thanks for posting again, doll! I love it! hugs, D

 
At 2:01 PM, September 06, 2006, Blogger Bad Alice said...

Oh, these are so cute! And I can see your adult features peeking through the baby face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home